Reasons why North Wales is my favorite place… so far:
- It’s absolutely perfect. It has an ocean, mountains, fields, sheep, waterfalls, beaches and parks. What more could you ask for? Wales is pretty much a perfect combination of everything I liked in England, Scotland & Ireland, all in one place!
- The school chose a really delightful place for us to stay and our rooms had a perfect view of the ocean. Can’t ask for much else! (Our hotel also had a sit-down-tablecloth-style-three-course-breakfast, which is always a nice surprise & a huge plus.)
- The town of Lluandudno gave me serious déjà vu from visiting Whitby this past summer, so that automatically made me love it all the more. The two towns are quite similar in many aspects.
- We stayed in a sleepy little seaside town where all the buildings are painted Easter colored pastels, restaurants/stores close at 6 p.m. and the majority of the population is more than likely retired.
- We climbed up to the highest point in the city and were able to see everything! We were up so high and it was probably the coldest, rainiest and windiest situation I’ve ever encountered, but it was such a spectacular view you couldn’t complain!
- Caernarfon Castle is by far the neatest castle I’ve visited and I’ve definitely been to my fair share of castles. We were able to climb to the top of the towers and walk around on the walls for a bird’s eye view of the town and boat dock.
- On the last day of the trip, we went to Swallow Falls and saw a truly spectacular waterfall and stopped for a few minutes to take some pictures before the journey home.
- Lunch in Llanberis was at a place called “Pete’s Eats” which is self claimed as the “best café in the world”. I’m not sure how accurate that is since I’ve yet to eat at every café in the world, but it did make for a yummy meal!
- We also had one of the best dinners ever at the restaurant called ‘The Cottage Loaf’, that was recommended by Dr. Green. (Fresh & homemade!)
- Wales is REMARKABLE. If you want a relaxing trip, with stunning scenery and some adventure, it’s the place to go!