In case you were curious as to what went on the first day at Harlaxton… here are some pictures from today’s events!
- After traveling for what seemed liked days, we finally arrived at Heathrow and met fellow Harlaxton students to take a two hour ride on the coach to Harlaxton.
- Once we arrived at Harlaxton we were greeted by staff at the front doors and were taken to the Great Hall for an opening welcome.
- Afterwards, we were encouraged to stay awake and explore the grounds and the manor.
- We were given a packet with our room assignments and set out to find our new bed and start unpacking. We enjoyed comparing rooms and visiting different spaces since they are each very unique. (My roommates and I got really lucky and scored one of the biggest rooms!)
- Next we went outside and explored a bit and got more acquainted with the grounds and areas around the manor. (The weather was perfect for being outside and wandering around. We walked about four miles!)
- Dinner was served after our free time and on the way down we decided to take the ‘lift” which turned out to be quite the ordeal. Not pointing any fingers… but Griffin may or may not have opened the door of the lift while we were moving causing us to get stuck and trapped. (Lesson learned, he’s bad luck!)
- After we were rescued, we joined the rest of the students for a nice spaghetti dinner and then for a tour of the manor.
- Our British Studies orientation came next, along with complementary wine, which made us all even sleepier and not able to fully function for class discussion. (It was short & sweet since we are all so jet-lagged!)
- Now it’s off to bed to catch up on some much needed rest that hasn’t happened in the past couple days! I’ll report back tomorrow with more events.